Ready in 30 minutes • Makes 2 servings
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup sliced almonds
1 mandarin orange, halved, unpeeled
1 tbsp white vinegar
2 stalks celery, chopped
¼ cup parsley, chopped
6 oz tilapia
Red pepper flakes
2 cups baby spinach
2 cups mixed greens
Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown almonds in the skillet, about 5 minutes, or until golden in color.
2. Squeeze juice from orange halves into a small bowl.
3. Add orange juice and vinegar to skillet. Stir in chopped celery and parsley, and mix until thoroughly combined. Remove mixture from the pan; leave the heat on.
4. Brush tilapia fillets with olive oil and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Place on skillet; brown on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
5. Combine spinach and mixed greens in a large mixing bowl. Add cooked fish and pour almond mixture overtop. Garnish with extra orange slices, and season to taste. Serve.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 400, Total Fats: 27 g, Saturated Fat: 3.5 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 45 mg, Sodium: 150 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 19 g, Dietary Fiber: 7 g, Sugars: 8 g, Protein: 24 g, Iron: 3 mg