Makes 1 Serving • Ready in 30 minutes
4 oz chicken breast, thinly sliced
½ apple, chopped
½ cup orange juice
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp ginger
¼ tsp cinnamon
2 cups kale, chopped
½ cup cooked lentils
1 tsp olive oil
¼ tsp white pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ avocado, sliced
Olive oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a small dish with olive oil cooking spray.
2. Mix orange juice, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and chopped apple in a small bowl. Place chicken in baking dish and pour ingredients from bowl on top. Bake in oven. Turn over after 10 minutes. Cook for another 10 to 12 minutes.
3. In another small bowl mix lentils, white pepper and cayenne pepper.
4. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-to-high heat. Add in kale. Sautee kale until it starts to turn bright green. Add in lentils and cook for another one to two minutes.
5. Plate skillet mixture and top with chicken. Garnish with avocado slices.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 485, Total Fats: 14 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 66 mg, Sodium: 448 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 57 g, Dietary Fiber: 14 g, Sugars: 21 g, Protein: 39 g, Iron: 6 mg